Optimizing is ALL about planning. Knowing when and where your next meal is going to come from is critical to success. Being busy and on the go is the “new norm” for almost all of us but it doesn’t have to impact your journey towards Optimal Health. Adopting regular and good habits will allow you to realize the benefits while fitting into your lifestyle. An Optimized Smoothie is one of the simplest things you can do to stay on your Optimal Health Journey AND something you can truly enjoy!
There is a reason a Green Smoothie Revolution is happening– it’s an EASY, AWESOME and TASTY way to add more veggies to your day! Smoothies are the number one go-to breakfast and snack item for our Optimal365™ clients.
You can read more about Green Smoothies, their benefits, and how they can fit into your life by downloading the full article, “The Smoothie Revolution – Optimizing Nutrition through Blending”.
The following are some quick and easy Tips & Tricks to Optimize the Smoothies in your life:
- Always add Spinach or Kale (if you are just starting out, try baby spinach – you can’t taste it and you can even sneak it into your kids drinks!)
- Spinach freezes — the big pre-washed organic baby spinach box has a spot in my freezer! Simply grab a handful of the lovely leaves and toss into the blender!
- Keep a bag of frozen organic berries in your freezer.
- If you have an abundance of fresh fruit that you won’t be able to consume before it goes bad, wash it, peel it (if necessary) and freeze it for smoothies!
- Add a high quality protein powder, we recommend and sell the BioCleanse Plus – it aids in detoxification, supports organ health and is vegan.
- A scoop of Chia seeds are a great way to add fiber, protein and omega 3’s!
- If you need some extra fiber, a smoothie is a great vehicle to add a little extra fiber supplementation
- Use Coconut Milk or Almond Milk – great replacements for dairy!
- Smoothies make a delicious and healthy breakfast or snack
- For healthy smoothie ideas check out our recipe website – OptimizeMyFood.com
- If you make a large smoothie in the morning, take the extra to work for a little midday pick me up!
- Travelling? No problem! Portable blenders are your answer. The Magic Bullet or immersion blender is great for mixing up fresh smoothies no matter where you are. The blender cup can even be used as a glass!
Discovering the perfect smoothie takes a little bit of time and some practice, along with a little trial and error to figure out what you love. You will have a lot of fun experimenting with various fruit and vegetable combinations and amounts liquid, like using frozen fruit instead of fresh. It’s all about consistency for most smoothie devotees. I will make you a challenge that even if you don’t love veggies, you will enjoy these smoothies – try to keep adding more and more veggies every day and you will be a believer! Welcome to the revolution! I invite you to share your ideas and green smoothie concoctions with our readers.
Indulge Enjoy and Buon Appetito!