Optimal365 is about supporting you on your individual road to Experience Healthy. A significant component of weight loss is detoxification. Since every fat cell in your body has both nutrients and toxins stored in it. When you lose fat, you are naturally detoxing.
The word “Detox” may mean different things to different people, a few meanings I found:
- Detoxification, the process of removing toxins stored in the body
- Detox – a master colon cleanse – which this has nothing to do with (phew!)
- Detox, an album by hip hop artist Dr. Dre
- D-Tox, the 2002 film starring Sly Stallone
While we love music and films, we are about “Optimizing your health”. Here is a GREAT trick to help you Optimize your experience! We call it The Detox Your Fridge Checklist. Have you made the commitment to improve your heath and detoxify the body? GOOD!
One of the best places to begin is with your refrigerator….
The Detox Your Fridge Checklist – What to Toss:
- Anything that is expired.
- Items with trans-fats, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, or long words you can’t pronounce. (Note: These are all of the things that are 0 on the Optimal O-Scale).
- Products labeled “Fat Free.” Note: When the fat is removed it’s replaced with highly processed flavor additives. Your body is better off with a little healthy fat.
- Dairy substitutes like egg beaters, margarine, and processed creamers with hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup (we call these “chemical creamers” in my house). Note: If you’re choosing dairy for the calcium, your body can’t absorb it without a little fat.
Now that you have detoxed your fridge, it’s time to OPTIMIZE it! Fill it up with TONS delectable foods! Remember, FOOD IS NOT THE ENEMY and you must EAT TO LOSE WEIGHT! Check out many tasty, easy to prepare, and delectable Recipes at OptimizeMyFood.com